Tuesday, May 3, 2016

A CHILD'S LETTER



DO YOU SEE ME?
Sometimes I’m too little to explain what’s going on with me. The pain I feel, the confusion, the betrayal. At times I tried to tell you, but you misunderstood me. Maybe you didn’t believe me or is it you didn’t want to believe that? I don’t like it when you leave me alone with them and no, I don’t want them to babysit me or make me go for a trip to the store with them. I trusted them and looked up to them, or did you bring them into our family thinking YOU trusted them? It’s not fair I can’t hurt them the way they hurt me, so I hide. No one can protect me from this monster, so I hide. Even when I  pretend to be invisible they find me. I tell them I don’t like it, but they ignore me. I wish someone would help me, SEE ME! I’m not the same happy child I used to be, don’t you see? I cry when I’m by myself because I don’t know what to do. I pray, Lord, please make the monster stop.
I’m a little older now, and they still find me. Not as much anymore, but they still hurt me. I wish you could see what I see. Please look closer, they pretend well. They said if I told anyone, especially you, that I would get in trouble. They even said they would hurt you. So I kept silent. I don’t feel good about what’s going on. What did I do to deserve this? Is anyone else going through this? Are my friends? I don’t want to tell them because they might not like me, so again, I keep silent. My grades are slipping, and I don’t care about how I look. The worse I look and the more clothes I put on, maybe they’ll leave me alone. I’m running away the first chance I get because I don’t feel safe here. I’m getting high or drunk the first time it’s offered, to help me



 
to forget. You couldn’t protect me, or you didn’t care. Don’t you see?
I have someone to protect me. They didn’t understand why it took so long for me to trust them. I was broken into pieces when they found me. Years have gone by and one by one we put the pieces back together. I learned how to love myself, and know my worth. I am somebody, and I will not let the actions of a monster dictate how my life turns out. It was not my fault and it wasn’t anything I did to provoke what happened. And now I’m a parent and I SEE YOU. -L.G.London

3 comments:

  1. Very nice sister love you and praying that God move through you in all of your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice sister love you and praying that God move through you in all of your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very powerful message and I really hope that it touches a lot of people and will open up people's eyes to see the evilness that is going on in this world so hopefully this message will let someone know that no matter what they've been through in their life they will be ok

    ReplyDelete