Friday, February 13, 2015

Broken (Infidelity) Part 2


Infidelity.jpg
Photo courtesy of the Huffington Post
“Broken”  according to Webster’s also states the following: 1. Not kept or honored. I interpret that to be an unfaithful spouse and/or partner, or the betrayal of family or friend; Even someone whom you placed your confidence in were let down.
In this post I will be talking about an unfaithful spouse and/or partner. Personally speaking, I have always been faithful and loyal in whatever relationship I was in - I loved hard and passionately. My commitment level in any relationship is serious, even to the point of taking a bullet for the other person, if it were necessary.
During any relationship I was involved in my eye never roamed? Nor did I ever flirt while I was committed to another. If someone had even approached me in such a manner...The answer would be a resounding No! I tend to take my commitments and vows seriously. If the temptations ever arose, I would imagine my mate being in that scenario and think to myself, “If he did that to me, I would kill him”. That thought stopped me every time. So keeping that in mind you would assume that your partner would have as much self-control as yourself and value your commitment like you do.
The funny thing is, I wasn’t really surprised when I found out my Ex-husband was cheating. I was more disappointed than anything else. He fell into the typical situation of most men. I was hoping he would prove me and society wrong.
Needless to say, after the initial finding out, disappointment followed, then came the rage with the flurry of questions...We all know what those are right?! You know the same stupid questions women ask men and vice-versa. I could kick myself because I didn’t want to be like an episode off of Jerry Springer or Maury Povich, yet I couldn’t stop the car wreck from happening. Did you kiss her or touch her like you do me? Do you love her? If you don’t love her, then why did you do it?
What this individual who broke our marriage vows didn’t understand is this: I could never give another man the kisses and touches that I gave him - much less be intimate with another person.
I wish I could have explained it to him that what’s for you is JUST For You!!! It’s private and special...that’s what intimacy is all about.  What he had for me should have been JUST for me. So when Sally, Sue and Shanequa came along and honor and commitment went out the door - it was no longer special and/or private; intimacy was gone forever. And guess what, I don’t want Public Property!  Boy Bye.
L.G. London

 

3 comments:

  1. We have a built in need for love and acceptance. When we find ourselves alone emotionally and physically, temptations creep in. The real test of your soul is to rise above your earthly desires and step into your soul. If you can see things through to the end without lust guiding your way, you will either be with or without your partner for the right reasons I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a built in need for love and acceptance. When we find ourselves alone emotionally and physically, temptations creep in. The real test of your soul is to rise above your earthly desires and step into your soul. If you can see things through to the end without lust guiding your way, you will either be with or without your partner for the right reasons I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well said Lisa Bracamonte-Monize. i would suggest that alot of people be it male or female at one time or another are put to the test of temptation.One of the keys to a successful, secure relationship is to deny the lust.

      Delete