Sunday, April 19, 2015

SAYING GOODBYE...PT 2



Saying Goodbye-pt2
photo by static1.squarespace.com 



A Time to Grieve
After the loss of a loved one the feeling of helplessness may seem to consume you. Speaking for myself, I felt emotionally drained and tired for weeks after a loss. I’ve lost 5 out of 8 immediate members of my family. In 1992 I lost my baby sister at the age of 24; seven years later in 1999 I lost my brother who was the baby of the boys and who was also 14 months older than me, died at the age of 34. Four months later my Grandfather who raised me as his own, had a major stroke and was given 72 hours to live. God blessed him to escape death by being paralyzed on one side of his body but he was confined to a wheelchair. His speech was impaired and some of the time he cannot think rationally or walk. Seven years later in 2006 my biological mother died at the age of 54, followed by my middle brother age 42 in 2010, whom I adored. Finally my beloved Grandmother who raised me from birth passed away in 2013. I won’t say it was easy accepting the reality of the absences of the ones I loved, but I had a source where I could get strength from and that was the Lord Jesus Christ. You will always have memories of them and certain songs, places, and movies can trigger those moments. It was especially hard when holidays came around because my Grandmother made sure we had big family get-togethers. Losing siblings is just as hard, because they are the ones you know you can trust and go to when you need a shoulder or ear, so when that is gone who do you go to? I’ve found that in some of the most distressing times of my life I’ve turned to the scriptures and the words came alive and comforted me. I felt as if He reached down and held me and assured me that everything is going to be alright, in spite of what it looks like. Everything is going to be alright. I would like to share one scripture in particular from the book of Ecclesiastes:
1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
photo by buzzerg.com
2 A time to be born , and a time to die ; a time to plant , and a time to pluck up that which is planted ;
3 A time to kill , and a time to heal ; a time to break down , and a time to build up ;
4 A time to weep , and a time to laugh ; a time to mourn , and a time to dance ;
5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together ; a time to embrace , and a time to refrain from embracing ;
6 A time to get , and a time to lose ; a time to keep , and a time to cast away ;
7 A time to rend , and a time to sew ; a time to keep silence , and a time to speak ;
8 A time to love , and a time to hate ; a time of war, and a time of peace.
9 What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein he laboureth?
10 I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it.
11 He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.
12 I know that there is no good in them, but for a man to rejoice , and to do good in his life.
13 And also that every man should eat and drink , and enjoy the good of all his labour, it is the gift of God.
14 I know that, whatsoever God doeth , it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.
photo by fanpop.com
So there is a time and a season to grieve, but knowing also the time to heal and start to build which is what the Lord is leading me to do. I do not want to be so stuck in grieving that I miss the opportunity for happiness again. Yes, I will always miss them and a lot of times I feel alone but He told me to keep moving forward or my past will hinder me from being all that I can be. I encourage you today that when the season to heal comes, make the choice to move forward. Please share your thoughts in the comments below, I would love to hear from you, or leave a little encouragement for someone else that’s in a season of bereavement.  Thanks and God bless- L.G.
                                              

8 comments:

  1. so sorry for your losses, L.G ... thanks for offering comfort to others who grieve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You +Dwight Clough. God has been good.

      Delete
  2. L.G you have my deepest condolences

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and may the Lord bless and keep you.

      Delete
  3. L.G you have my deepest condolences

    ReplyDelete
  4. Five in my immediate family started at 14 for me, and went on from my youngest Sister at 18, to my Dad when I was 17, he was 63. Then at my age 21 my oldest Brother at age 30. Then my Mom back in 2002. On Brother and sister left, yet have many Brothers and Sisters in the Lord as you here shared, Thank you and am sorry as well for you


    Sharing here one day I heard a story from a motivational speaker telling a Joke to us all listening

    I heard him say this about his first day of opening a business, grand opening. He went in to this place before anyone else that day to make sure all was in order. He saw the Bouquet of flowers on the counter and opened the note attached to them

    He read this "REST IN PEACE" So he immediately called the florist to complain and this is what he heard

    The florist said yes sir, I just got another Phone call from the Funeral parlor with a compliment that read
    "WELCOME TO YOUR NEW LOCATION"

    Now for me I got this not as a joke, as in I right then took each one of these in prayer and welcomed each of them to God in trust to Father by Son who married us and the day one says "I DO" to the wedding invitation. Father seals them that day as in Eph. 1:6.7.13

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. +Howard Schultz, thank you for the inspiring testimony. Proof that the Lord can sustain you in spite of what you endure. Thank you again.

      Delete