Monday, May 25, 2015

THE MIRROR

photo by petapixel



Facing the truth
MIRROR:  a.) something that shows what another thing is like in
                      a very clear and accurate way.
                  b.) something that gives a TRUE representation.
The cares of this world tends to keep us busy, and our daily chores and work continuously are before us. On top of that, we are dealing with issues our family or friends may be going through. Maybe it’s church or marital issues. Problems with our co-workers or bosses, whatever the situation is, unknowingly attach itself to us and many times we aren’t aware that it is affecting us more than we think. Years go by and you think you are the same person with the same beliefs, morals and convictions.
One day you’re praying and telling him that I just want to make it into your kingdom and I need to know if I am pleasing to you? I would put off every business I own, every book I’ve written just to put you first in my life, what do you need me to do Lord?
I got my answer when I got up from my knees and began to read the bible. I opened up Galatians and began to read from the fifth chapter. Now I’ve read the bible over and over many times but it’s funny how sometimes we need a little reminder of HIS instructions. I was sorry to say that I’m guilty of a few of them and I would like to say a couple but I don’t want to add lying to the list. Some of the words I had to look up just to make sure I understood what they meant. It is my desire and goal to put God first in my life and to obey his commandments. I wanted to share this reminder and their definitions according to the Merriam-Webster version. I knew what most of them meant like: Adultery, fornication, Idolatry, wrath, witchcraft, hatred, envyings, murders, and drunkenness. But these words I wanted to look up:
Lasciviousness:  filled with or showing sexual desire.
Uncleanness: not innocent and good: morally impure
Variance: the fact or state of being in disagreement
Emulations: ambition or endeavor to equal or excel others (as in achievement)
Strife: very angry or violent disagreement between two or more people or groups
Seditions: the crime of saying, writing, or doing something that encourages people to disobey their government
Heresies: a belief or opinion that does not agree with the official belief or opinion of a particular religion
The last two, seditions and heresies I needed a clearer interpretation of, so I researched and found this:
Heresies:  This word also denotes divisions or schisms in the church ( 1 Corinthians 11:19 ). In Titus 3:10 a "heretical person" is one who follows his own self-willed "questions," and who is to be avoided. Heresies thus came to signify self-chosen doctrines not emanating from God ( 2 Peter 2:1 ).
Seditions:  An uproar; insurrection; dissension.
Source: biblestudytools
And what really got me was the last verse I read that said: Gal. 5:21 that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of heaven
. The fruit of the Spirit is what we need to strive to obtain from the Lord. No, it is not easy when he puts us through the fire to burn off things that are not like him, but the end result is priceless.
So faced with this revelation and looking in the mirror I see things I need to work on and asking the Lord for help in areas of my life that I hadn’t confronted or acknowledged. I thought about many times if my time came to meet him would I be ready? I’m not willing to take that chance that I was. I saw something on Facebook a clip where a preacher was at the pulpit speaking to the congregation about if the Lord took him right now, that he was ready. He took a drink of water and dropped down dead on the spot. I pray that he was ready. I can almost guarantee that he didn’t know that at that moment would be his last. We are not promised tomorrow and you never know when your appointed time will happen. Look in the mirror. Are you really ready? Pray and ask God to show you what you cannot see. Below I will leave the link to the Pastor who died at the pulpit. Let’s keep his family in prayer.   –L.G.
 This pastor said he was ready if it was his time to go to Heaven. Mere moments later, he was at the pulpit giving his sermon when something happened that...
godvine.com

No comments:

Post a Comment